Friday, March 6, 2009  7:09 PM

{ LO#10 - "Mama, I want to be PINK ranger!"

Yeah! I actually managed to do another LO within this month... hee... So proud of myself...
I really love these photos of Rhys and ShianQing posing as Power Rangers... therefore I told myself that die die also MUST scrap for these photos.

As there are quite a few photos and I simply refused to reject any of them, I did have some problems trying to position them but in the end, set for the filmstrip concept.
I am quite happy with the look of the filmstrip after some practices done with the puncher.
Initially I was a bit regretful on buying the puncher from Justina coz I am thinking of getting the Zutter which can also punch holes like that. But now, after using it, not too bad lah...

The details on the title took me the most time and effort for this LO coz all are cut out by QK dies and my cuttlebug. Had some problems cutting them using cuttlebug as it was not clean cut at first. After several try out, finally got it to work. Was quite happy with the outcome.
Lastly is the embellishments. Can't find anything suitable except for the brad stars but still felt that something is missing... hmm... what do you all think??


Sunday, March 1, 2009  11:01 AM

{ LO#09 - Believe In Dreams }



This is the 1st time I have completed a LO within a few hours... haa... Coz the paper already so pretty on its own.
Actually I was supposed to look for pp for the "Power ranger" LO but as I am flipping thru my paper stash, saw this pp from Urban Lily... and decided to skip the existing LO and start on this instead.

The photo that I chose for this LO is also a little significant as it is the only picture we took when he is 1 month old. Sigh. So kinda happy that I am able do a LO specially for that pix...



The cutting of the flower is easy but the "y" of the "boy" is so fragile. Even though I am using the finger knife, I still cannot cut well. Some part ended up too thin, one even broke (I stick it back after that).
Then I wanted to try out something new which is using the glossy accent to make the word "boy" pop up with a difference...
Aiyo... Nightmare!! The glue just overflow from the word as I apply. sigh... must practise more.... The effect is still ok but definitely can be much better...



Overall, I am very glad that I bot this pp. It allows me to do up another LO in the shortest time and yet still look not too bad. So happy... but I must try out the glossy accents again... this time on a much easier font... hee...